As seen in CrossFit Morning Chalk Up, New Haven Register – Guilford Athletic Center offers the shoreline’s only Recovery Move™ exercise with recovery meetings program. Benefits of the Recovery Move™ with recovery meetings are:
- improve overall health, wellness and physical strength
- increase focus, release emotions and relieve stress
- increase self confidence and positive life outlook
Created by Dr. Hannah Jurewicz, founder Journey Home Recovery Living, and Coach Clint Zeidenberg – this recovery exercise and recovery meeting are designed to use the health benefits of exercise to help effectively combat anxiety, COVID fatigue, substance abuse, physical abuse, loss or depression or any of life’s challenges. This is a free program open to teens and adults.
As we continue managing the impact of COVID, support is critical to maintain current programming and add new offerings to meet the growing demand. Your donation – in any amount you choose – will be combined with other donations to help:
- Continue the recovery exercise classes for teens and adults, Wednesdays at 6:30pm , Fridays at 5:30pm, and Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. facilitated by Coach Clint Zeidenberg
- Continue the free recovery meetings for teens and adults, facilitated by Dr. Hannah Jurewicz, following the Wednesday and Saturday exercise classes. Fridays offers an AA meeting at 7pm.
- Add a new Recovery Meditation class and Recovery Meeting for teens and adults
- Expand our scholarship program so that teens and adults with demonstrated need as well as a commitment to the Recovery program, may benefit from a range of services which could include a gym membership for a fixed period, nutrition counseling, housing at Journey Home Recovery Living, so they can maintain their mental health, physical fitness and build a supportive community
Donate now on gofundme.com – Exercise to Combat Addiction Scholarship Fund
Does exercise help people in recovery from addiction? Harvard Medical School doctor and expert with mutual-help groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous and SMART Recovery, Dr. Clair Twark explains that “combined with what we know about other treatments, exercise shows promise.” According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “exercise is increasingly becoming a component of many treatment programs and has proven effective.” It is the experience of Coach Clint and Dr. Hannah that teens and adults with various addictions or behaviors can benefit in many ways.
A great workout can add structure to the day, distract from negative thoughts and help create positive social connections.
Recovery exercise classes and recovery meetings happen every week at the Guilford Athletic Center. Clint donates his space and coaching expertise for the workout classes which are followed by a reflection recovery meeting facilitated by Dr. Hannah. It is free and open to all members of our shoreline community who are recovering from anxiety, depression, stress, life challenges, COVID fatigue, physical, and substance abuse.
Together, the Guilford Athletic Center and Journey Home Recovery Living are building opportunities for our whole community to come together and support each other. Join us for exercise, health, and wellness.
Owner, Coach, Athlete
Clint Zeidenberg is both an international CrossFit Games Coach and internationally ranked CrossFit athlete. He is one of Connecticut’s top fitness developers helping individuals to continually grow and improve.
Since 2011, hundreds of people, from beginner to experienced, from pre-teen to retired, have benefited from the expertise, warmth and transformational power of Clint’s fitness development programs. In 2017 he coached an area resident to finish 11thin their division at the CrossFit Games. Personally, Clint’s top ranking in 2016 had him 31stin the United States and 41stworldwide. In 2019, to the astonishment of his doctors who thought his injured shoulder would hinder his performance, Clint relied on fitness and wellness to break through this challenge and is ranked 108thin the US and 140thworldwide. In 2020 Clint created Recovery Fitness, the area’s only resource helping people with recovery support from abuse, depression, anxiety, or loss through fitness.
Clint Zeidenberg’ s coaching methods have been proven at the highest levels of personal and physical success.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)
- Judges Course 2019
- Kids CrossFit Certified
- Gymnastics Certificate
- Weightlifting Certificate
Dr. Hannah Jurewicz, PsyD
Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Athlete
Hannah Jurewicz holds a Doctorate of Psychology and is Licensed Professional Counselor. Drawing on over 30 years of personal and professional experience, she provides consultation, counseling, and training through her private practice. She is also co-founder of Journey Home Recovery Living, a non-profit organization dedicated to creating community partnerships, increasing recovery awareness, and supporting individuals in recovery through providing sober housing, community education, and advocacy.